Bodhi Seeds promote englightenment.
Meditation Malas are used for meditation practice to count breaths or mantra repetitions. Neck malas have 108 beads and a 'head bead' to indicate the end and beginning of each 108-bead count. The number of beads signifies the 108 worldly sins in the Buddhist tradition or as a multiple of '9' in the Hindu tradition. This number is also significant in many other religions. Each type of bead has its own significance.
Wrist malas have 27 beads and a head bead. Counting the wrist mala beads 4 times over will achieve a count of 108. Wrist malas have an elastic cord and do not have knots between the beads. Length measurements are around the mala - the circumference.
Bodhi Seed Meditation Mala
- Bodhi Seeds promote enlightenment.
- Each bead is approximately 1/2-inch (15mm) in diameter
- The cord is not knotted between beads
- Length: 56-inches (142.3cm)
- Not available as a wrist mala
- Made in India