Ebony Beads increase concentration during meditation. These beads are generally favored by royalty.
Meditation Malas are used for meditation practice to count breaths or mantra repetitions. Neck malas have 108 beads and a 'head bead' to indicate the end and beginning of each 108-bead count. The number of beads signifies the 108 worldly sins in the Buddhist tradition or as a multiple of '9' in the Hindu tradition. This number is also significant in many other religions. Each type of bead has its own significance.
Wrist malas have 27 beads and a head bead. Counting the wrist mala beads 4 times over will achieve a count of 108. Wrist malas have an elastic cord and do not have knots between the beads. Length measurements are around the mala - the circumference.
- Ebony increases concentration during meditation. These beads are generally favored by royalty.
- Each bead is approximately 1/8-inch (5mm) in diameter
- The cord is knotted between each bead on the Neck Mala (not on the Wrist Mala)
- Neck Mala Length: 32-inches (81.3cm)
- Wrist Mala Length: 7-inches (17.8cm)
- Wrist Mala has unknotted elastic cord
- Made in India