Free Shipping in the 48 United States!
The Cosmic Cushion and Zabuton Meditation Cushion Set includes one Cosmic Cushion (crescent-shaped cushion) with your choice of Buckwheat Hull or Kapok fill and one Zabuton (rectangular mat) filled with cotton batting. Mix and Match colors as you wish.
The Cosmic Cushion is a unique design in meditation cushions. This simple but amazing meditation cushion is designed with a built-in slope to help you get into the perfect posture for sitting meditation. You will sit fully on top of this cushion. The broad seat and side extensions offer more support than any other meditation cushion.
The Cosmic Cushion is designed with the fill enclosed in muslin fabric and the 100% cotton twill cover in your choice of color is removable and washable. The Buckwheat Hull versions have a zippered opening to allow you to adjust the level of hulls.
Review the specifications below to understand which size will be best for your needs based on your height, weight, and level of flexibility. A good measure of flexibility is to sit on the floor in the cross-legged posture without any cushion. If your knees go to the floor, your flexibility is good. If your knees stay up in the air, then your flexibility is limited.
This cushion can be set on the Zabuton with the back side up and used for the kneeling posture known as Seiza.
The Cosmic Cushion is simply the best meditation cushion for your meditation practice.
Both the Deluxe and Economy Zabuton are filled with dense cotton batting with tufting stitches through the cotton batting to prevent the batting from bunching up. The Deluxe Zabuton has a removable cover in your choice of color - the cotton batting is sewn into muslin fabric. The Removable Cover of the Deluxe Zabuton produces a smooth surface. The Economy Zabuton does not have a removable cover - the cotton batting is sewn directly into the cotton twill fabric in your choice of color. The Tufting Stitches of the Economy Zabuton produces a dimpled surface.
Deluxe Zabuton: Removable Cover - Smooth Surface
Economy Zabuton: non-Removable Cover - Dimpled Surface created by tufting stitches through the cover
NOTE: Your choice of Buckwheat Hulls or Kapok only applies to the fill for the Cosmic Cushion. The Zabuton is only filled with cotton batting.
NOTE: *The price shown reflects the price with the $10 discount already applied. No coupon needed.
International Customers may be interested in our Cosmic Cushion Empty Shell (Click Here). Fill your own cushion and save on shipping!
Regular Lift Cosmic Cushion
- Dimensions: 22" Wide x 15" Deep x 6-1/2" High
- Kapok Weight: 3-1/2 lbs
- Buckwheat Hull Weight: 6-3/4 lbs
- Recommended for persons of average height, weight, and flexibility
Low Loft Cosmic Cushion
- Dimensions: 22" Wide x 15" Deep x 4-1/2" High
- Kapok Weight: 2-1/2 lbs
- Buckwheat Hull Weight: 5-1/2 lbs
- Recommended for persons 5' 5" or shorter, for those with a high level of flexibility, or for those who know they need less lift
Travel Size Cosmic Cushion
- Dimensions: 20" Wide x 13" Deep x 4-1/2" High
- Kapok Weight: 2-1/2 lbs
- Buckwheat Hull Weight: 5-1/2 lbs
- Same recommendations as for the Low Loft Cosmic Cushion
- The Travel Size is identical to the Low Loft cushion, but the side extensions have been shortened to accommodate packing the cushion in luggage
Oversize Cosmic Cushion
- Dimensions: 24" Wide x 16" Deep x 7-1/2" High
- Kapok Weight: 4-1/2 lbs
- Buckwheat Hull Weight: 7-1/2 lbs
- Recommended for large persons with above average height and/or weight, persons with very limited flexibility, or for those who know they need extra lift and/or support area
Additional Cosmic Cushion Information
- Height Measurements are based on the compressed height with a person of average weight on the cushion
- Kapok & Buckwheat Hulls enclosed in linen fabric
- Buckwheat Hull version has zippered inner pouch to allow for adjusting the hull level
- Features built-in carry handle
- Zippered, removable cover is washable
Zabuton Meditation Cushion
- Economy and Deluxe Dimensions: 36" wide by 28" deep by 3" thick
- Economy and Deluxe Weight: 9 pounds
- Square Dimensions: 28" by 28" by 3" thick
- Square Weight: 6 pounds
- Fill: Cotton Batting
- Cotton batting is tufted in place
- Economy Zabuton: Dimpled Surface. Cotton batting is sewn directly into Cotton Twill covering
- Square & Deluxe Zabuton: Smooth Surface. Cotton batting is sewn into muslin fabric cover, Removable Cotton Twill cover in your choice of color is washable.
91 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Love the quality of the set. The cosmic cushion has been a game changer for me. Had a round Zaftu cushion made by someone else and no matter how I tried to adjust stuffing, it never felt right and my leg would always fall asleep. The cosmic cushion is the best and both it and the Zabuton are well made. The set has enhanced my meditation practice and and posture. Regarding delivery...they might consider getting a heavier delivery box, mine was split open about a third of the way down and just glad the cushion wasn't damaged. Otherwise totally pleased with the product. and would recommend to friends.
2nd one of these I’ve bought. The standard size is fine (6’ tall here) - my previous which I gave away in chocolate showed a lot of lint. The natural doesn’t. I find the barley to be very comfortable for long sitting. Also the crescent shape gives good leg support
High quality, beautifully made. Very durable and I’m glad in finally decided to purchase this set. I’ve been using my cosmic cushion and mat for many months now. As a petite woman (5’2 on a good day) I’ve found it really helps to take some of the filling out. I’m also really glad I got the mat as well; resting my ankles/feet directly on the ground would be uncomfortable for me after a few minutes. My flexibility is good, but I still find rolling up a blanket under my left knee makes me more comfortable. Finally, I struggled with buying anything for meditation, as I wanted to keep things simple and focus on the meditation, not the cushions. But I do find that having a spot devoted to practice has been beneficial.
I absolutely love my cosmic cushion and Zabuton cushion set. Construction is good and I love the color choices. I am considering ordering another set later as I am a floor sitter . And this gives me great posture and support. Fast service and packaging was also A plus! Highly recommend this company to anyone.
I love this company I love this set you get exactly what you're seeing I love this particular seat and the support it gives your legs everything's just really well done from them I really I feel confident buying from them and what I get is perfect for me
Using this cushion and zabuton has made my meditation much better. I have a better posture, which allows for better breath control. Also, the zabuton makes it much more comfortable on my knees, which allows me to focus more on other aspects of my practice.
Being 6' tall and tight from years of running this cushion set allows me to sit in quarter lotus with no pain and walk without limping after mediation. Highly recommend.
I have had for 2 weeks. It took some trial and error to but the last few days have been great. I have tried a round and a bean shape cushion and my feet would fall asleep and there was always some muscle in my back that was not happy with sitting for 30 minutes on the floor. The past 6 days have been wonderful.
I really hesitated to buy this cushion because of its price and also because meditation seems to be better aligned with letting go of material comfort than indulging in a pricey item. But I am so incredibly glad I treated myself to this: every single feature is designed to hold one's body perfectly. The mat feels like a cloud. The cushion is perfectly shaped. I have been meditating daily since I got it, if nothing else just to enjoy sitting on it :) I highly recommend it :)