The Cosmic Cushion is a unique design in meditation cushions. This simple but amazing meditation cushion is designed with a built-in slope to help you get into the perfect posture for sitting meditation. You will sit fully on top of this cushion. The broad seat and side extensions offer more support than any other meditation cushion.
The Cosmic Cushion (except for the Children's Size) is designed with the fill enclosed in muslin fabric and the 100% cotton twill cover in your choice of color is removable and washable. The Children's Size has the fill directly in the cotton twill cover to keep the cost low. All Buckwheat Hull versions have a zippered opening to allow you to adjust the level of hulls.
Review the specifications below to understand which size will be best for your needs based on your height, weight, and level of flexibility. A good measure of flexibility is to sit on the floor in the cross-legged posture without any cushion. If your knees go to the floor, your flexibility is good. If your knees stay up in the air, then your flexibility is limited.
This cushion can be set on the floor with the back side up and used for the kneeling posture known as Seiza.
The Cosmic Cushion is simply the best meditation cushion for your practice.
International Customers may be interested in our Cosmic Cushion Empty Shell (Click Here). Fill your own cushion and save on shipping!
Regular Lift Cosmic Cushion
- Dimensions: 22" Wide x 15" Deep x 6-1/2" High
- Kapok Weight: 3-1/2 lbs
- Buckwheat Hull Weight: 6-3/4 lbs
- Recommended for persons of average height, weight, and flexibility
Low Loft Cosmic Cushion
- Dimensions: 22" Wide x 15" Deep x 4-1/2" High
- Kapok Weight: 2-1/2 lbs
- Buckwheat Hull Weight: 5-1/2 lbs
- Recommended for persons 5' 5" or shorter, for those with a high level of flexibility, or for those who know they need less lift
Travel Size Cosmic Cushion
- Dimensions: 20" Wide x 13" Deep x 4-1/2" High
- Kapok Weight: 2-1/2 lbs
- Buckwheat Hull Weight: 5-1/2 lbs
- Same recommendations as for the Low Loft Cosmic Cushion
- The Travel Size is identical to the Low Loft cushion, but the side extensions have been shortened to accommodate packing the cushion in luggage
Oversize Cosmic Cushion
- Dimensions: 24" Wide x 16" Deep x 7-1/2" High
- Kapok Weight: 4-1/2 lbs
- Buckwheat Hull Weight: 7-1/2 lbs
- Recommended for large persons with above average height and/or weight, persons with very limited flexibility, or for those who know they need extra lift and/or support area
Children's Size Cosmic Cushion
- Dimensions: 18" Wide x 11" Deep x 3" High
- Kapok Weight: 1-1/2 lbs
- Buckwheat Hull Weight: 3 lbs
- Recommended for small children up to 5' tall - then it's time to get them a larger cushion.
- We understand that children outgrow things quickly. For this reason, the cover is not removable on the Children's Size Cosmic Cushion so that the cost will be as low as possible
Additional Cosmic Cushion Information
- Height Measurements are based on the compressed height with a person of average weight on the cushion
- Kapok & Buckwheat Hulls enclosed in muslin fabric on all but the Children's Size
- Buckwheat Hull version has zippered inner pouch to allow for adjusting the hull level, including on the Children's Size
- Features built-in carry handle
- Zippered, removable cover is washable, except Children's Size
61 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a great cushion for meditation. I got the kapok filling and its quite firm. I'm as happy as I could be with this product.
I’m very happy with this cushion! It’s much more comfortable to do meditation in the siting position with it. Perfect color, quality and fast delivery!
I’ve used a few different types of meditation cushions and I ordered the oversized version of the Cosmic. If I had to go back and do it again, wouldn’t change a thing! Helps keep your posture straight and circulation going for your meditation practices. And really, I just like I sitting on it as a cushion too.
The best meditation cushion, period. Comes in different sizes, I love the oversized version. Bought one 9 years ago, still going strong but wanted another for downstairs. Exactly the same and fast shipping. You will probably need to bleed out a lot of the buckwheat to get it right for you. I use them for meditating but mostly use them on my home office chair, what a back saver. Keeps my spine curved out at the base like it should be.
Sage Meditation's customer service is excellent -- from the information articles to their email responses, I got all kinds of help figuring out what cushion was right for me in what size. I love that the buckwheat in this is refillable and that I can raise or lower it by adding or removing hulls. And the cover is washable. I look forward to many years of sitting on this -- I'm already beginning to use it for things other than meditation too.
I was looking for a cushion that would help with piriformis syndrome, and this one is perfect. It also helps to keep pressure off my knee... well worth the money!!!
I really like this cushion. The Sage green is a lovely calming color, and the shape of it is great. My only real complaint is that it is at least an inch taller than described, giving me a total of about 5.5in in height. Realistically that's way to tall for me, and I feel like I'm sitting on a steep slope. I got the Kapok one, so I'm stuck with the height I got. I am going to try to compress it under weights and see if that helps. SAGE MEDITATION RESPONSE: You can adjust the height of the Kapok cushion by carefully standing on it and squashing it down. When you first receive it, it has some air trapped in the Kapok and this will squeeze the air out of it.
I've always had a difficult time with traditional meditation cushions cutting off circulation in my legs. It does not happen with the Cosmic Cushion
I am 6'2", so I ordered the oversized cosmic cushion with the buckwheat filling. It is the perfect cushion. I always struggled getting comfortable when meditating. This cushion puts you in a great (and comfortable) position. I like it so much that I have also been using it just to sit on the floor while watching TV. It feels good on my hips and back and allows me to work on my posture without additional strain. I highly recommend it!